Tuesday 1 November 2011

Book

I went and raided my book shelf at home and just a variety of design books as a starting point for my research with my ISTD brief.
It was really helpful doing this because i have a varied amount, from novels and trilogies to really well designed graphic books.

By looking at these it gives me a basic overview of the ways in which books are delivered. There as so many different ways of creating a book, but their are some static things within books that I'm am aware of and this basic research has just highlighted them, and shown my different ways of looking at them.

Also through my research I have highlighted two books that will definably help me try and break the hold of the book:
Format of the Book
and Typographic Layout by ... (fill in)
They both outline some really interesting information about book formation and editorial and will help me work out the best way to structure my design.

















No comments:

Post a Comment