Wednesday 2 November 2011

Book evaluation





I have put together some boards of the most relevant research from the last few posts i have put up. I find it easier to work this way because i can get a mass of research and then focus it down to the most appropriate forms.

I have collected a variety of different styles of research with regards to the development of books. There is a lot of focus on binding and the interactivity of books. This is an avenue i am defiantly going to be investigating, i am really interested in pushing the restrictions of the page and the generalised format of the book - which from my research is rectangular or square - and although these are the main formats i want to look at what can be done with them.

Another element is the structured typography within, i think this is a critical focus of my designs, i think by creating a contestant structure within the type format i can be as experimental with the structure of the book as i want. This way there is always a reliable throughout the book.

There is also a lot of focus on print processes with regards to the interactive books, and this, i feel, is vital to the functionality of the book. By bringing in new processes that I have used thus far it will further my design work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment